Fitotron HGC – High Specification Growth Chambers
Fitotron Modular Plant Growth Chambers, Type HGC – They are suitable for plants that require a lot of light, such as wheat, maize, cotton, rice, and C4 plants.
The Fitotron HGC High Specification Growth Chamber Range offers a modular concept and high accuracy and reliability in the control of temperature, humidity, and lighting. Individual modules can be added or swapped, as desired. The chambers can thus be adapted for various applications.
3 Chamber sizes available
- Programming of photoperiods using a touch panel or SCADA software
- Growth area of 0.7 m2 to 1.5 m2
- Growth height up to 2.1 m
- Temperature module down to -10 °C available if desired
The Fitotron HGC High Specification Growth Chamber Range offers a modular concept and high accuracy and reliability in the control of temperature, humidity and lighting.
Our chambers enable the researcher to maintain controlled growing conditions of temperature and humidity in a 24 h period with an independent selection of photoperiods.
With light intensity of up to 1000 μmol m-2s-1 at 500 mm, they are ideally suited to growing plants requiring high light, such as wheat, maize, cotton and rice. With growth heights of up to 2100 mm, they are also ideally suited to growing large plants through to maturity.
Fitotron HGC High Specification Growth Chambers combine high-quality components, design, and manufacturing expertise. This enables us to offer out-standing control, performance and integrity of all parameters. Our policy of continual liaison with leading researchers ensures we maintain our premier position as suppliers of high-quality plant growth chambers and rooms.
Features and Benefits
- Choice of high-frequency fluorescent or ceramic metal halide lamps with light intensities from 450 μmol m-2 s-1 at 200 mm to 1000 μmol m-2 s-1 at 500 mm
- Full humidity control with both additive and dehumidification as standard
- Higher intensity light sources separated and independently heat managed for superior temperature uniformity in the growing space
- Choice of vertical or horizontal airflow for temperature uniformity across the plant canopy
- LED-lighting technology
- The water-cooled refrigeration • CO2 control
- Growth height extension
- Low-temperature module
- SIMPATI control software
Humidification is maintained by injection of sterile steam at ambient pressure, preventing harmful bacteria (including legionella) from entering the chamber, creating a safe working environment. The system benefits from extended periods between maintenance and does not require a compressed air supply.